Saturday, March 19, 2011

Labyrinth

I've made a start at last on a new project I am calling Labyrinth. The difference between a maze and a labyrinth is that a maze has a choice of different paths to take some of which have dead ends whilst a labyrinth has only one path leading to the centre. I love to incorporate circular motifs and curving rhythms in my quilts, mollusc and gourd are good examples of this, so it was probably inevitable that I would eventually make a labyrinth quilt. Labyrinths go back thousands of years BC and researching them has been fascinating. I have chosen to use needleturn applique instead of the faster machine applique method so it may be quite some time in the making because of all the small brick wall and crazy path pieces, but I am enjoying the process.
Regards Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment